The faculty of Electronics and Informational Technologies (ElIT) was founded in 2009. It is one of the leading faculties of Sumy State University. Studying at the faculty ElIT, you will get unique knowledge that is on the border of informational technologies, programming, computer techniques, fundamental and natural sciences, modern electronics, IT project management. More than 1200 students are studying at the faculty.
Department of Computer Science
Department of Applied Physics
Department of Electronics and Computing
Department of Nanoelectronics
Department of Electrical power engineering
Department of Applied and Computational Mathematics
Department of Modeling of Complex Systems
Department of General and Theoretical Physics
Department of Mathematical Analysis and Optimization
The faculty of Electronics and Informational Technologies prepares specialists in such areas as:
- Information Technology of Design;
- Information and Communication Technology;
- Applied Mathematics;
- Electronic Equipment;
- Electronic Systems;
- Physical and Biomedical Electronics;
- Informational Technologies of Projecting;
- Computerized Control Systems and Automatics;
- Electro-technical Systems of Power Consuming.
All specialties provide the Master qualification degree. Some disciplines are taught in English.
The faculty ElIT is presented:
- More than 150 teachers. There are 22 Professors and Doctors of Science among them, as well as more than 80 Associate Professors, Candidates of Science;
- Educational training centers are provided at the faculty. Moreover, the constant cooperation with world-known IT companies such as Microsoft, National Instruments, Cisco, Netcracker, PortaOne, Siemens, SolidWorks is acting;
- Intensive fundamental and applied scientific research;
- Close international relations with the leading education and scientific establishments of Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Great Britain, France, Slovenia, Russia, China, and other specialists in the field of informational technologies, nanotechnologies, physics, microelectronics, information protection, applied mathematics;
- International grants for scientific researches: Ukraine-Poland (2003-2005, 2006-2007, 2009-2012, 2014-2015), Ukraine-Slovakia (2006-2007, 2008-2009), Ukraine-India (2008-2010), Ukraine-Slovenia (2009-2011), Ukraine-Germany (2009-2012);
- International scientific journals, among them is Journal of Nano- and Electronic Physics, which is indexed by Scopus and which contains the original results of experimental or theoretical investigations in the field of condensed matter physics, physical electronics, and investigations aimed at the development of the mathematical methods of the processes and phenomena description in specified fields as well.
- International conferences, including Nanomaterials: Applications and Properties, which is annually provided by the faculty ElIT, exchange of students and postgraduate students, summer practice abroad for students in the USA and Turkey;
- Training of high-level specialists at postgraduate and postdoctoral schools including the international ones; specialized scientific council of the specialties "The physics of the solid" and "Physics of equipment, elements and systems."
Contact usSumy State University
Faculty of Technical Systems and Energy Efficient Technologies
Laboratorial Building A, Office A212
2 Rymskogo-Korsakova St.,
Sumy, 40007, UkrainePhone (Fax): +38 (073) 123-45-67