Faculty of Skills Upgrading and Postgraduate Education
Our mission is a purposeful improvement of professional knowledge and skills by means of implementing world scientific achievements and innovative technologies of education.
The Faculty of Skills Upgrading and Postgraduate Education provides with the postgraduate education according to the accredited training directions and specialties of Sumy State University and qualitative educational services according to the retraining directions (second higher education), medium-term and short-term courses of skills upgrading.
The Faculty of Skills Upgrading and Postgraduate Education consists of:
- Laboratory of pedagogical innovations
- Center of postgraduate education
- Driver’s school
- Branch of UNESCO Chair “New Information Technologies in Education for All”
The main activities
- conducting educational experiment to detect inclination of students to performance, organizational and research activities;
- advanced technology in engineering education;
- main aspects of informal education, lifelong learning;
- open source and social software in education;
- advanced research methods in educational technology.
- Skills upgrading of scientific-pedagogical and pedagogical staff according to the programs of innovative educational activities:
- psychological foundations of innovative educational activities;
- vocational training methods;
- management of education quality;
- new achievements in science and practice.
- Skills upgrading of scientific-pedagogical and pedagogical staff according to the programs of electronic and distance learning:
- modern information technology in education;
- design of electronic training equipment;
- software environment for e-learning means development;
- distance learning: organizational, teaching and software solutions.
- Đˇomputer sciences:
- Informatics, Information technologies, Computer control systems and automatics;
- Modeling of Complex Systems.
- Information technologies of management;
- Applied and Computational Mathematics;
- Research in technical industry, including power efficiency and renewable energy sources;
- Electronic and Distance learning technologies;
- Information and Computer software of libraries;
- Nano-and Electron physics:
- Electronic systems;
- Electronic tools and devices.
- Environmental economics and the environment;
- Marketing and Management:
- Economic Theory;
- Marketing and Management of innovations;
- Marketing and Management of Innovative Activities;
- Social and humanitarian aspects of modernity, gender research:
- Theory and Practice of Translation;
- Political Science, Sociology and Psychology.
- Orthopaedics and Traumatology;
- Pediatric surgery and Oncology.
- Technical Systems and Energy Efficient Technology:
- Manufacturing Engineering, Machines and Tools;
- Processes and Equipment of Chemical and Petroleum-Refineries;
- Applied Material Science and Technology of Constructional Materials;
- General Chemistry.
International projects experience
- 2001 – a project "Library of books on economic subjects for the university" on "Dissemination of Information Resource" by Consortium IREX (CARN-99-WEB-3);
- 2007 – a set of distance learning courses for skills upgrading programs "Management of NGOs" was developed together with the EU project "Strengthening Civil Society";
- 2007-2008 – work in a consortium project Tacis SM_SCV-T017B06-2006 "Practical improvement of Ukrainian system of e-learning»;
- 2009-2011 – work in a consortium project 144742-TEMPUS-1-2008-1-DETEMPUS-JPHES «ECESI» – «Educational centers network on modern technologies of local governing».
Contact usSumy State University
Faculty of Technical Systems and Energy Efficient Technologies
Laboratorial Building A, Office A212
2 Rymskogo-Korsakova St.,
Sumy, 40007, UkrainePhone (Fax): +38 (073) 123-45-67